Monday, June 29, 2009

Poetry Judges Get Your Stamp of Approval Ready

Ten poems will be posted and selected for the Bucks County Poet Laureate contest. Please post your feedback and votes for your favorite poems in the comment section. The most constructive comments added to the comment section below will win a $50 gift card to your favorite store/ restaurant. Thanks for your critiques.

Poem #3
Connections II
Nourished, I am
As I taste the richness in life.
Open arms, rejoicing
I thrive on comical insights and inspired prayers
Here, I offer you my soul’s deep knowing.
We both have roots and fire in our words.
We are infinite.
Connected in this sacred moment;
Made simple in this moment.
Divine timing blesses our song.
I hear your dreams that make up the cosmos…
I hear your dreams sister and brother
I am you.

6/26/09 Lyrics to a new song I'm co-writing


Poem #2
Princess
Listen
To the beauty
In your name.
Does It remind you
Who you are?
Is there something
Simple
Buried beneath the surface
Giving us meaning
To the feelings
Riddled inside you
Or is there nothing more
To the word
Whispered
Princess

© 3-2-90 Ruth Dilley


Poem #1
Connections
Starving, I may
But I have tasted the richness in life.
Standing here with open arms, begging,
I live off the dreams you’ve wasted.
Here, I offer you my soul’s philosophy.
We both have roots and fire in our words.
I feel you up here, down here with me;
Trying to unriddle our differences; Paradoxed in time,
Only too slowly on unsynchronized waves.
I hear your dreams ready to explode to the cosmos.
I hear your dreams brother.
I hear you.

© 1991 Ruth Dilley

No comments: