Monday, February 9, 2009

When just any flower won't do, say it with a Rafflesia


When was the last time you thanked, apologized or wooed someone in a big flowery way? The bigger the better, right?

But when is it going over board?

I started to imagine the 9,900 people who searched on Google last month for a rafflesia flower, how many of them actually wanted to make a heart felt purchase for a boss, friend, significant other?

I can imagine the phone call now...

Hello l-800-flowers?, do you have a rafflesia flower?

Yea I...
-just got a big raise.
-love her this much
-landed the account of my life
-am going overseas next week and want him to remember me
-I messed up in a big way
-have a corner of the room that needs a little redecorating
-am doing a love experiment
-want to make a big first impression
-am a big fan of man flowers
-a once and done sort of guy-- only like to shop for flowers once. This six foot tall flower should do the trick.

Can you ship flowers in time for Valentines Day? Humm shipping is how much? Better send two dozen roses instead. Thanks.


Written for Lovers of Flowers
Ruth Anne Wood © 2009 Scripting for Success

No comments: