Monday, March 30, 2009

I Say Both

Star Gazer you look so far into the heavens that it loops back around to the celestial body within. What do you ponder about when you raise you head to the sky? Do you feel the movement of this heavenly body racing through space? Does it conjure up memories or longings to be connected to something afar or even nearer and dearer to you essence? What is the essence of star dust? Are you made up of the same elements? Could these molecules of star dust be spinning in orbit just as fast within you? Is it really about knowing the answers or having a conversation that increases the intensity of star light radiating within?

My earliest memories of space and time travel began when I was four. I saw Star Wars, E.T. and the Dark Crystal and Star Trek all around the same time before I went to elementary school. I wanted to be the first kid in space and even more intensely a story teller that could bring these distant worlds closer my own. Born in 1975 George Lucas fed me with the ideal questions this inquiring four year old wanted to know. Did it answer the question where was my identical twin sister after she passed just before we turned two? No. Did it carve out a clear direction of what treasures to collect on my visit to earth or what to offer the earthlings during my stay? No. But it did answer a more reassuring question... was I alright being me? Yes. And did my sister travel on or did her journey end here? Thomas it's been my experience that the forces of odds and harmony co-exist in the same universe. It's about perception within the star mass and gazer. There is also an interesting harmony in the odd. Note the symmetry of five daisy pedals. All in all it's the sea of time, perception and emotions that govern the human experience that shift on the lighting, chemical interactions and stories in play.


© 2009 Scripting for Success Ruth Anne Wood
Written in response to my friend Thomas N. Padikal, Ph.D.
who inquirers "At Odds? Or in Harmony?"

No comments: