Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's for breakfast?

My husband was happy to share his yogurt with me this morning because he wanted me to be more cultured.

He has been watching in amazement for a week as I've pureed a large bowl of salad ingredients; green peppers, red leaf lettuce, spinach, cabbage, cilantro and added braggs amino acids, olive oil, toasted almond oil and rice wine vinegar into a water green pulp and eating it for breakfast.

I noticed my eye sight was getting progressively more blurry from sitting in front of the computer for hours since I committed to cranking out my screen play, "Five Rites". Also my addiction for sugar was nearly impossible to kick, having a couple cups of hot chocolate or chai tea a day in the winter and devouring a box of cereal and granola bars within 48 hours of it being shelved in the pantry had become the norm.

What inspired this sudden change from milk and cereal or eggs and bacon? First I was finally talked into going to a multi level marketing green drink demonstration where they showed the acidic pH of foods such as colas, cereal, coffees and refined sugar.
Jason went out and bought The pH Miracle for Diabetes which was very telling the foods we eat we're not helping his childhood diabetes. Also I was writing about my main screenplay character, Sophie Peterson getting younger and younger doing five rites yoga and eliminating sugar and processed foods and for awhile was unwilling to do the physical research for my story.

No wonder I was going blind and having big time mood swings! However I wasn't interested in spending $200 for the distributor starter kit -- just yet. Why not see if eating salad for breakfast instead of buying green powder that would sit on the shelf for years would actually make a difference. It actually has. For a couple days I got off of sugar and ate my salad and the tissue around my eyes are feeling less stressed. PMS hasn't hit me like in previous months. I haven't had to pull out a gray hair on my head this week. Yesterday when I went to Perkins and had the Everything Omelet and the toasted blueberry muffin how much my body was visibility rebelling. My tongue actually swelled up and developed a nice white mossy coat which we know from Oriental Medicine is rebellious chi and too much heat in the body from poor digestion.

The Enlightened Comedy is the trial and error experienced of any diet or new habit.

© 2009 Scripting for Success Ruth Anne Wood
Written for people who enjoy self induced suffering... try a new diet!

No comments: