Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 1: Quest for the Enlightened Comic

JAY LENO: My next guest went in search for an Enlightened Comic, you know someone who doesn't peeper their jokes with judgments or complaints- (Beat.) I know. I know, and instead focuses on personal feelings and experiences, perhaps a Seinfeld without the sarcasm. She first did a Google search for jokes by the Dalai Lamai, and couldn't find any.

Here's my suggestion. In addition to giving lectures on promoting peace through compassion, why not bill His Holiness as the Enlightened Comic. Unsuspecting fans would tune into Late Night to get a blast of spiritually uplifting humor before drifting off to deep meditation.

So who will host His Holiness, Dalai Lama (14th) -Tenzin Gyatso as the Enlightened Comic first? Should it be me, Dave Letterman, Conan O'Brian, Jon Stewart, Craig Ferguson, Stephen Colbert or my next guest who has been dubbed as "The Writer of Our Lives" and has written a book with a blind figure skater. Please welcome the very talented young lady, Ruth Anne Wood.

For Fans of the Dalai Lama
© 2008 Ruth Anne Wood, Scripting For Success
Written for Jay Leno

No comments: