Friday, December 5, 2008

Civil Election Commentary

Dad says:

Hi Rachael

Rachael says:

Happy Saturday

Dad says:

what did you think of the election result?

Rachael says:

I was inspired by Mc Cain's speech and wish he had been that focused and classy when he was running.

Rachael says:

That would have made the difference for him

Dad says:

I never did hear any of the speeches - was still in airports or airplanes at the time

Dad says:

but I have heard similarly good sentiments from many up here about McCain's concession speech and of course, Canadians are wildly overjoyed at Obama's victroy

Dad says:

victory

Rachael says:

I'm sure Kim is one of those

Dad says:

she was happy

Rachael says:

cool

Rachael says:

Jason and I actually watched the election results outside at Puck with Obama volunteers till Obama gave his speech. It was a memorable atmosphere of joy and a self congratulations.

Dad says:

nice - did my little talk before I left change your vote?


RACHAEL

Oh shoot, what should I tell him?


JERRY
Tell him you are a strong woman and you don’t flip flop.

Rachel says:

We were just going for a walk in town and got snagged by a friend through the whole event

Dad says:

??

Rachel says:

I don't flip flop. I'm a strong woman. I make a decision and I keep it.

Dad says:

I am proud of you for that - I was impressed that you were willing to listen to an old die hard on the subject

Rachel says:

Thank you

RACHAEL
This is a historic event. I stood up to my Dad with out using sarcasm!

JERRY

Congratulations love. I’m proud of you.


Dad says:

Kim just rented her condo and we are meeting the new tenants there in 15 minutes - but I am glad to have touched base and look forward to catching up some more soon

Dad says:

gotta go for now

Dad says:

bye

Rachel says:

cool enjoy the new tenants- bye


IM Written for Daughter and Father Check In
Ruth Anne Wood © 2008 Scripting for Success

No comments: