Monday, December 15, 2008

Fish Bowl

EXECUTIVE: I got a call from Trade Magazine Inc.

PARTNER: What did they want?

EXECUTIVE: They want to do a story on my business.

PARTNER: How did they hear about you?

EXECUTIVE: I dropped a card in their fish bowl at last week’s trade show.

PARTNER: Did you tell them you were a very busy.

EXECUTIVE: What do you mean?

PARTNER: Last week when I lined up an interview with you to speak to an author about starting your business, at first you said you were too busy and then he gave us a million dollar tip during the conversation.

EXECUTIVE: Well, she said the interview would be brief.

PARTNER: You mean questions like, would you like to subscribe to our magazine?

EXECUTIVE: If that's the case I'll give, quick, short answers.

Written for Michael Feldman, PRI, Whad' Ya Know?
Ruth Anne Wood © 2008 Scripting for Success

No comments: