Saturday, December 27, 2008

Life Purpose

SON: I've had enough of this crazy world.
MOM: What do you mean?
SON: I think I'm going to end it before life gets any worse.
MOM: What's so horrible?
SON: For starters my life has no purpose.
MOM: Hold on a second, if you weren't here who would take out the the trash?
SON: Alright, Mom, I'll take out the trash, but after that my life will have no purpose.
MOM: I'll need someone to put a fresh bags in the waste basket twice a week.
SON: Alright, but after that my work here is done.
MOM: That's the thing, this is an ongoing responsibility. It's not a one time gig.
SON: I'm not so sure you couldn't find someone else more dependable to fill that position.
MOM: Someone will also need to help me consume these groceries before they spoil. I can't do that without your help.
SON: What do I look like, a human garbage disposal?
MOM: We all have our gifts.

Written for XM Comedy
Ruth Anne Wood © 2008 Scripting for Success

No comments: